Jarmila joined Sookias & Sookias in 2019, having previously been with Radcliffes Le Brasseur since 2016.
Jarmila has practiced immigration law since 2006. She qualified as a solicitor in 2011. Jarmila’s extensive and well-rounded experience in both corporate and private immigration enables her to advise and assist clients efficiently. Her detailed knowledge of the Home Office policies and her professional manner is a great benefit to clients with tight deadlines.
Jarmila receives instructions to prepare appeals to First tier and Upper Tribunals of the Immigration and Asylum Chambers and has been involved in judicial review applications at the High Court.
Immigration Advice For:
- Investors and Entrepreneurs (Tier 1)
- Employers on Tier 2 Licensing and Sponsorship:
- application for licence and the Sponsorship Management System
- recruitment, certificates of sponsorship and record keeping
- preparation for the Home Office compliance audits which includes assistance with the review of the HR files and ensuring that the Sponsor is compliant with the sponsor guidance and assistance prior to the Home Office visits
- issues found during the compliance visit
- action plans
- suspension, revocation and surrender of Sponsor licence
- mergers, take-overs and change of ownership
- Highly skilled applicants and their family members about entry clearance and renewal of leave (Tier 2)
- Sole Representatives of Overseas Firms
- Charities, Churches, Missionary Organisations, and Pastors
- Higher Education Institutions on Sponsorship and all Tier 4 matters; accepting overseas students
- Students with entry clearance, extending leave to remain and administrative review of refusal
- Temporary workers (Tier 5)
- UK Ancestry visa
- Turkish nationals on establishing themselves in the UK under European Community Association Agreement – Ankara Agreement (ECAA)
- Individuals on all immigration matters, including family – based applications for fiancé(e), spouse, dependant relative or children
- EEA nationals and their family members about family permits, residence documents, settlement scheme applications and citizenship thereafter
- Settled persons about British citizenship and Registration as British citizen
Jarmila has had articles published in the Employment Law Journal and Law Gazette for Westminster and Holborn.
Jarmila has been appointed by the Diocese of Westminster as a Foundation Governor at a voluntary aided school.
Jarmila speaks English, Slovak, Czech and has a basic understanding of Russian.